Legal Editor Vacancy
Exciting opportunities available for law graduates at Central London based start-up.
We are a rapidly growing online legal content company based in London WC1. Brought to you by the team behind FromCounsel, the leading corporate intelligence service developed by barristers from Erskine Chambers and experienced professional support lawyers from city firms, we are a well-funded legal-tech start-up looking for law graduates to work on an exciting new project.
The ideal candidate will have pupillage/training contract lined up to start in Autumn 2017/8 and be looking for interesting opportunities to develop their legal skills in the intervening period.
We are also interested in hearing from recently qualified lawyers wishing for a change in direction or those with a background in legal editorial work.
The role will be focused on producing written legal content for an online platform. As such, an excellent standard of written English is an absolutely essential requirement of this role. You will have a flair for writing easy-to-read original content and a commitment to delivering a consistently high standard of work. You must understand the needs of different audiences and be able to tailor and adapt your writing accordingly. You will have strong legal research skills that can be applied to any given subject matter. You will have a proven ability to quickly understand and digest legal materials and articulate complex issues in a clear, concise and engaging manner.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a conscientious candidate to join this dynamic online company and assist in the development of a quality legal content service in a friendly and flexible working environment. Competitive salary offered.
– A minimum 2:1 degree in Law (or equivalent).
– A high standard of written English and attention to detail.
– Excellent research skills and a willingness to work across a wide range of topics.
– Commercial awareness and strong results orientation.
– Able to write within a defined tone of voice.
– Able to turn technical content into easily understood, accessible copy with broad appeal.
– Able to work both independently using own initiative and within a team.
– Demonstrable ability to complete projects to demanding deadlines.
– A proactive, flexible approach and enthusiasm for working in a start-up environment.
– Prior editorial/copy writing experience.
– Practical experience/a particular interest in one or more of the following areas of law: Company, Commercial, Employment, Commercial Property, IP/IT.
– LLM, LPC or BPTC qualified.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV and covering letter setting out how you meet the role requirements to email@example.com quoting reference ‘Legal Editor’.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.