FromCounsel, an online corporate intelligence service for law firms and in-house lawyers, is looking for a law graduate to join its team as a Legal Editor.
Developed by leading corporate barristers from Erskine Chambers and a team of experienced professional support lawyers from City law firms, FromCounsel provides a wealth of practical, in-depth, ready-made answers to the crucial questions facing practitioners in their day-to-day work. FromCounsel’s aim is to make its legal content more comprehensive, more insightful, more accessible, more searchable and more sharable than anyone else in the market.
This is an exciting opportunity for a conscientious candidate to join this dynamic online company and assist in the production of premium quality content in an innovative, friendly and flexible working environment.
The ideal candidate will be pre-pupillage/training contract, or have a background in legal editorial work. An interest in corporate law is preferable but not essential.
• Providing editorial assistance to PSLs and Head of Content
• Assisting with the production and updating of content
• Converting copy into house style
• Proof-reading and legal research
• Writing high quality legal copy
• A minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification
• An exceptional standard of written English and meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent research skills
• A proven ability to work to tight deadlines
This is a full-time role based at our Central London offices. Applicants should be available to start on 4 September 2017. Salary is circa £30,000, depending on experience.
Interested candidates are asked to send a CV and cover letter – addressing the person specification as above and suitability against the job description – to email@example.com, quoting reference ‘FC LEGAL EDITOR’. Applications should be submitted by 30 June 2017.
FromCounsel is an equal opportunities employer.Click here for more info