FromCounsel, an online corporate intelligence service for law firms and in-house lawyers, is looking for a law graduate to join its Markets team as a Legal Editor (Markets).
Developed by leading corporate barristers from Erskine Chambers and a team of experienced professional support lawyers from City law firms, FromCounsel provides a wealth of practical, in-depth, ready-made answers to the crucial questions facing practitioners in their day-to-day work. FromCounsel’s aim is to make its legal content more comprehensive, more insightful, more accessible, more searchable and more sharable than anyone else in the market.
This is an exciting opportunity for a conscientious candidate to join this dynamic online company and play a pivotal role in the creation of a new product in an innovative and friendly working environment.
The ideal candidate will be a law graduate who is pre-pupillage/training contract, although those with complementary non-law degrees (such as economics) will be considered. Corporate legal experience is not required, but a genuine interest in corporate law and the UK financial markets is essential.
• Liaising with PSL colleagues to agree initial and ongoing deal coverage and allocation.
• Monitoring and recording deal activity across defined markets and deal types.
• Assisting the PSLs by noting and monitoring developing market trends.
• Reviewing and digesting complex deal documents and summarising defined parameters accurately and succinctly.
• Assisting the PSLs with the crafting of current awareness updates and more detailed market reports.
• A minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification
• An exceptional standard of written English and meticulous attention to detail
• A proven ability to work to tight deadlines
• The aptitude to work without supervision as well as within a team structure
• Strong IT skills – especially a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
This is a full-time role based at our Central London offices. Applicants should be available to start on 31 July 2017. Salary is circa £30,000, depending on experience.
Interested candidates are asked to send a CV and cover letter – addressing the person specification as above and suitability against the job description – to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference ‘LEGAL EDITOR (MARKETS)’. Applications should be submitted by 30 June 2017.
FromCounsel is an equal opportunities employer.Click here for more info