‘The seminar will look at:
– implications for claims for future losses – the schedule & counter-schedule
– Roberts v Johnstone – the problem and the alternatives
– future lump sums and accelerated receipt – the exaggerated effect on distant events
– Smith & Manchester – a re-think?
– pensions – a disproportionate increase & what to do about it
– periodical payments – advantages & disadvantages in a changed landscape
– Part 36 offers – to withdraw, to make, to accept
– tactics – to settle or adjourn pending new legislation
– what’s next – new legislation & the alternatives
– What’s past? Professional negligence issues arising out of claims settled at a 2.5% discount rate’
Date: 27th April 2017, 6.00pm
Location: The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn, South Square, London
Charge: Free, booking required
More information can be found here.