“This is a must attend event for solicitors who are involved in human rights cases and and issues that have a human rights focus.
The event looks at the current challenges to and protection of human rights in an increasingly globalised society. The conference comprises a mixture of keynote addresses, breakout sessions as well as informal opportunities to exchange ideas and build relationships.
Areas examined includes:
• Is a high quality defence a human right?
• What is the lawyers role in raising issues in the corporate world?
• Trafficking and children’s rights
• Disability, children, women and HR issues
Who should attend?
• Human rights solicitors
• Human rights supporters and activists
• Policy makers
• Law students with an interest in human rights or discrimination law.”
Date: 30th October 2013, 9.00-5.00pm
Location: The Law Society, 113 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1PL
Charge: See website for details
More information can be found here.